Phil & Brothers is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Phil & Brothers may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include sensitive personal information. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
1. to provide our services to you;
2. to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
3. to enable you to submit your CV for general applications or to apply for specific jobs. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
4. to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
5. to answer your enquiries;
6. to direct-market products and services to you, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions together with, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
7. to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
8. to enable the development and marketing of other products and services, to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you, including tailoring our website when you log on to make it relevant to you personally.
9. to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as referencing, qualification and criminal reference checking (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as SSI;
10. to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as SSI;
11. we may also pass your personal information to, or allow access to such information by, SSI to enable them to use your personal data for the purposes set out above, depending on which job you are seeking or the location where you are seeking a job.
12. if SSI or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens;
13. we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are requested to do so by law; and
14. we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
Curriculum vitae (“CV”)
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the SSI database, and will be accessible by SSI in the UK. Your CV may also be e-mailed directly to other SSI offices for review and entry onto their own in-house database to enable them to provide their services to you. You are able to withdraw your permission for your data processed outside the UK upon completing your registration form. You can update your CV at any time, simply by submitting a new CV.
Aggregate Information about Phil & Brothers online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website and all of the Phil & Brothers website, for example, which area users access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact us. You also have the right to ask Phil & Brothers to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website – where data privacy practices may be different to that of Phil & Brothers. Visitors should consult the other websites’ privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.